Programme Manager for the London SDE
Post title: Programme Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director, Discover-NOW London Secure Data Environment
Salary: To be negotiated based on experience
Location: Euston Road 307, London
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (will consider flexible working applications)
Start date: As soon as possible
Deadline for applications: Sunday 8 October
This will be a 12-month fixed term post in the first instance, with likely transition to a permanent role. Secondments will be supported where appropriate.
About Discover-NOW London Secure Data Environment
London is developing one of the largest Real World Evidence assets in the world to enable academic and commercial research at a unique scale. Over £18m investment will go into the creation over the next couple of years.
The London SDE will evolve from existing trusted research environments such as Discover-Now as well as the Kings College Centre for AI. Discover-NOW is the UK’s Health Data Research Hub for Real World Evidence. It is a unique partnership led by Imperial College Health Partners bringing together NHS organisations, globally recognised academic, technology, industry and charity partners as well as patients and the public to revolutionise the way health information is used to treat and prevent disease in the future. It has set the foundations from which the London SDE will build.
As a consequence, the London SDE is revenue generating from day one and has deep existing relationships with the global life sciences and digital health community as well as the academic and voluntary sector. The task now is to scale this across London over the next two years.
The programme manager is a critical strategic and operational role that will oversee delivery of the London SDE programme, in close partnership with leaders within the five Integrated Care Systems and interdependent programmes such as the London Data Service Layer.
About the role
We are building the team who will be responsible for delivering this exciting ambition. A key role is the programme manager. This post will:
- Work with the Managing Director to develop the Discover-NOW London Secure Data Environment into a stand-alone business, with sustainable commercial activity and a high functioning team.
- Provide pro-active, effective, high-quality programme management, working with teams to ensure the programme is delivering on time and within budget, managing and mitigating risks internal and external to the organisation, and coordinating work across workstreams across London as appropriate
- Actively engage and work collaboratively with colleagues and partners across London, particularly critical for this programme given the interdependency with wider London data work programmes
The primary duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Strategic leadership of the SDE programme, working closely with the Managing Director
- Programme management of key workstreams across technical, commercial and communications, to ensure the programme is on schedule and within budget
- Coordination and collaboration with OneLondon and wider London Data strategy implementation, including regular liaison with ICS leads and OneLondon team
- Budget management of key activities in partnership with Finance lead
- NHS England relationship management, including providing assurance and required information for reporting and programme updates, alongside collaboration with the wider SDE network and programme teams
- Support governance requirements including board papers and other collateral required for internal and external purposes
- Run the weekly programme meetings, a core part of programme coordination and delivery
- Engage and work collaboratively with colleagues and senior stakeholders to support key Boards and forums that underpin delivery;
- Coordinate and provide support for the key stakeholder groups – both those set up to directly support delivery of the Secure Data Environment, and Londons wider data leadership groups, relevant academic and industry stakeholder forums. This may range from attendance, providing presentations and updates on the programme, supporting leaders with forward agenda planning, contributing to papers, tracking actions and considering ongoing implications for the SDE;
The post reports to the Managing Director of Discover Now Secure Data Environment.
The role requires a confident and experienced Programme Manager who works at a consistently high level. The post-holder will have a strong understanding of the NHS and/or health research landscape, experience running the delivery of large scale programmes in a health care setting and be literate in data programme requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Previous experience of leading or implementing large-scale programmes preferably in healthcare
- Collaborative leadership style with experience in co-designed programmes of work.
- Track record of working successfully with the voluntary sector or other patient organisations, and of actively involving patients in programmes of work.
- Ability to work flexibly and across different teams and disciplines
- Ability to communicate complex and challenging issues to stakeholders in science and healthcare and more widely across academia, the NHS and government.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence a wide range of individuals and groups in professionally based organisations
- A strong commitment to diverse and inclusive teams and principles.
- Personal credibility within the healthcare and/or academic communities.
- Understanding of the role and remit of the NHS; awareness of relevant NHS policy; and understanding of the importance of both clinical and research governance
Applying for the role
Deadline for applications: Sunday 8 October
Transforming the delivery of healthcare through data
Our team can work with throughout the life spam of your projectOur services