Managing Director for the London Secure Data Environment
London is developing one of the largest Real World Evidence assets in the world to enable academic and commercial research at a unique scale. Over £18m investment will go into the creation over the next couple of years.
The London SDE will evolve from existing trusted research environments such as Discover-Now as well as the Kings College Centre for AI.
As a consequence, the London SDE is revenue generating from day one and has deep existing relationships with the global life sciences and digital health community as well as the academia and the voluntary sector. The role is about scaling this across London over the next two years.
The MD will oversee the development of the London SDE on behalf of the five Integrated Care Boards as well as the day-to-day running of the business once established. The role has operational freedom to develop the organisation as a business for London, on behalf of London. Public trust is as important as the commercial success.
- Develop the SDE as a legal and organisational entity and build a viable team that can service a suit of client facing products
- Develop the commercial model to work towards sustainability over the next three years
- Drive business development in the UK and internationally
- Manage relationships with NHSE and other relevant national bodies
- Collaborate with other SDEs across the country and take an ambassadorial role for London
- Accountable to a board of directors (most likely the five London ICB CEOs) as well as national funders
Skills and experience
- Social entrepreneur with track record of growing and developing business opportunities preferably in data/health space
- Ability to combine business acumen with public sector values
- Strong track record of working across complex stakeholder environments with conflicting priorities at local and national level
- High tolerance for uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to develop and provide day to day management of the SDE team building out from an existing SDE in NWL
- Experience in working with the life sciences industry as well as an appreciation of wider health and industrial policy
First interviews will be arranged in late September/early October.
If you’re interested in this role and would like to find out more, please email our team in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transforming the delivery of healthcare through data
Our team can work with throughout the life spam of your projectOur services